Our worship services start every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. There are two aspects in the worship service. The first is a vertical aspect of God coming to His people, and they respond to Him. The second aspect is horizontal, such that we gather around the Word as fellow believers. From Scripture we can deduce 5 foundations for the worship service
- Both in the old and the new covenant, God calls his people to regularly assemble before Him.
- All true worship is rooted in what the Lord has revealed about Himself as the Triune God and about man in relationship to Him.
- God’s atoning work through the Lord Jesus Christ is the foundation as well as the focal point of the worship service of Christ’s congregation.
- The worship service is a form of covenantal fellowship by which God ministers to the congregation and the congregation ministers to God.
- God ministers to his people with his Word in various forms: reading of the Scriptures, preaching, the message of the sacraments, the greetings and the blessings, etc. The congregation responds in various ways as well: confession of sin, confession of faith, thanksgiving and praise, prayer, freewill offerings.