The Purpose for this Website
The primary purpose of the Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church website is to present the Church of Christ as found in Attercliffe to the general public. To that end, information about our beliefs, our history will be published, as well as some select sermons, pertinent links, a public calendar of events and contact information are posted.
As a secondary purpose, this Website will function as an instrument to promote the unity and cohesion of the members of the congregation. To that end, membership lists,1 usher lists, coffee social lists, fire evacuation plan and pictures2 of congregational events can be found.
Both these purposes aim to bring honor and glory of God.
The Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church is the owner of all intellectual properties and content displayed on our website, possessing the exclusive right to the use of these copyrighted designs and content. We consider all our intellectual properties to be very important assets of our website and will protect them from unauthorized use by others.
Feel free to use the information on this website for your study and edification. Please reference this site and/or author as your source. The use of any information for financial gain is prohibited.
Down loading for personal use of sermon audio or video files is permitted. Please contact the minister, author, webmaster, or the Privacy Office for permission for any other use.
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act
We know how important your privacy is, so we are committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary. We comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), which requires us to provide this policy to you on request.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a physical address, financial information and opinions expressed by an individual. As defined, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, or business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
This policy explains how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us to assist you in making informed decisions when using our services.
When we collect personal information from you please be aware:
- That we take your privacy seriously, and make every reasonable effort to protect it.
- That this website may collect non-personal information such as your network location (IP address), the pages you visit, time of visit, your operating system and browser, in order to generate website traffic reports.
- That we collect personal information submitted by users on a voluntary basis for our own internal use and for the purpose of providing you with information regarding your inquiries and any other information you have requested. Information from users is only maintained as needed to fulfill the stated purpose.
Collection and/or Disclosure of Personal Information
Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church will not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties, unless specifically authorized by you or as required by law. Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church meets the obligations imposed by PIPEDA with respect to the collection, use and/or disclosure of personal information by taking the following steps:
- Accountability – Access to information is restricted on a need to know basis and protected via appropriate hardware and software.
- Identifying purposes – We have identified the purposes for which we collect personal information as outlined above. We require the consent of our visitors/members prior to using their personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was originally collected.
- Consent – Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church is committed to ensuring that you are aware of how your personal information is used and that you have consented to provide this information. Where required by law we may disclose personal information without your knowledge and consent.
- Limiting collection – Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church collects only as much personal information to fulfill the purposes stated. We collect personal information only by lawful and fair means.
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention – Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church does not use and/or disclose your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, unless it has first obtained your consent.
- Accuracy – Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date personal information. If over the course of time, any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes and/or update the information.
- Safeguards – To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have taken steps to make sure all information received from our online visitors is as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use.
- Individual access – You may request access to your personal information held by us. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access.
- Challenging compliance – If you wish to make a formal complaint about our privacy practices, you may make it in writing to our Privacy Office. We are committed to resolving disputes in a timely manner. We will investigate your complaint and respond via email, fax, or telephone.
Like many other websites, Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church’s website uses an Internet tool called a “cookie.” Cookies are small bits of data that we send to your computer to track visitor activity on our site. This information is used to help us develop content that responds to the interests of our site visitors.
Links to External Websites
Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church’s website provides links to other websites that we believe provide relevant information, but we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these websites.
Not all options on this website are open to the public, but are reserved for members of the congregation. Please contact our webservant for possible permission to access to this section. The public can access information about us, our history and our beliefs.
Attercliffe Canadian Reformed Church
Attn: Administrator/Privacy Office
For general inquiries about privacy legislation and policies in the private sector, you may contact:
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street
Telephone: 1 (613) 995-8210
Toll-free: 1 800 282-1376
Fax: 1 (613) 947-6850